Monday, September 17, 2007

The Agony of a Lineup Decision...



HEAP

VS.

BROWN





Do you agonize over a lineup decision? In the leagues I really care about - it often comes down to a judgement call. Often in Fantasy Football, this is hard to determine and in a number of cases very random.

This past week, I had one decision that I really waffled on a number of times. It came down to starting Reggie Brown over Todd Heap.

My weekly game wouldn't have been even close if Chad Johnson hadn't put up a whopping 36+ points against me. The rest of my opponents team did hardly anything - although Adrian Peterson had an impressive showing for the Vikes without his fullback, Tony Richardson, playing.

In my league, you can start a TE over a WR. With the way the Jets got torched in week one, I was supremely tempted to play Heap over a weaker linebacker corps. Heap's stats wouldn't have been as impressive if his TD catch yesterday had not been ruled complete by an instant replay call.

Football, while measured in yards, is surely a game of inches. Furthermore, Wouldn't have Tony Gonzalez been a better play if Dwayne Bowe hadn't stepped in front of him to grab a TD pass yesterday?

Here's to hoping Reggie Brown goes out and scores a TD and grabs a couple of catches - but it doesn't make watching tonights game any less agonizing.

Do you have similar problems with your lineups?

No comments: