Sunday, November 4, 2007

Chris Henry (TEN)

I haven't put my finger on this exactly, but this guy really bothers me. Here are some random thoughts about Chris Henry, TEN Titans RB. I will admit that I had picked him up bunch of weeks ago when I heard that Chris Brown was hurt (this was in a 16 team league, so it wasn't much of a reach at the time).

I had him on my team for a few hours before I started to do some serious research on the guy.

Things to know about Chris Henry -

1) Career numbers at Arizona - 269 rushes for 892 yards. That's 28.8 yards per game and only had 9 TDs.

2) His best year at Arizona in 2006 - 165 carries for 581 yards and 7 TDs. But he only produced 3.5 yards / carry.

3) At the combine, he ran impressive 4.4 and 4.41 times with 26 reps in the lifting and a 36-inch vertical.

His workout blew people away, but his college stats don't impress. Does this sound like a second round pick to you?

Now in the NFL...look at the defenses he played - Houston and Oakland. Oakland is likely the worst YPC defense in the league. No surprise he did well there in limited action...

And of course the most importance piece of this whole thing right now...he's likely to be suspended for 4 games...but he took a substance that was banned a year ago. Working off an old list perhaps?

You should pick up the (other) Chris Henry.

No comments: