Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 4 musings

Looking back at the week that was a number of people have mentioned to me what a wacky week it was.

I have to agree. In one of my leagues going into last night, I had Laurence Maroney starting with Sammy Morris on the bench. I heard that Maroney was out about half an hour before game time, so I substituted Sammy Morris.

Imagine my surprise when early on Morris breaks off a 49 yard run. I guess if Jamal Lewis can run on the Bengals, then just about anybody can.

Morris ended up having a great game for me, but ultimately my team fell short by two points - or basically those two yards that would have yielded Morris a TD. He was short on his way to the end zone on the 49 yard run.

More often than not, I find that my team is dramatically influenced by these types of situations in football. There isn't such a dramatic difference in Baseball or Basketball - one of the reaons why I like and dislkike football at the same time.

In this one league, in three consecutive weeks I have lost by 4 points, won by one point, and lost by 2.

Crazy.

No comments: